Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Normally...

I'm not one to promote the Simpsons, because I REALLY dislike the show. (what can I say, I'm a prude...)

HOWEVER... someone out there has put together a rather funny segment on "The Mayor of Springfield"... Mr. Dalton McSimpson!


Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Sep 10, 01:54:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's too funny!!! Great job finding it.

     
  • At Mon Sep 10, 02:21:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Lord Kitchener's Own said…

    There must be something beyond "prude" isn't there? Because it seems to me that not liking the Simpsons on some moral grounds goes well beyond "prudish".

    For what it's worth, I would have thought you'd love the Simpsons. It's been consistently cited as one of the most moral, and religious programs on T.V. What other T.V. family in 2007 goes to church every Sunday, and lives next door to a born-again Christian. On what other show do we see families praying, or even just saying grace?

    Anyway, might I suggest looking here, here, and here for more information on just how religious the Simpsons really is? You may be surprised.

     
  • At Mon Sep 10, 02:32:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Lord Kitchener's Own said…

    I knew I remembered a great quote from somewhere, and I just wanted to add it here (it's from the second link above):

    "PRISM, the monthly published by Evangelicals for Social Action, has called the series 'the most pro-family, God-preoccupied, home-based program on television.'".

    :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home