Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Favorite Dish of Tories... our own

Here we are, once again, out in full view of everyone, eating our own. Seems to be the favorite dish of Conservatives... fellow Conservatives who don't line up 100% with our views. When leaders don't line up 100% with our views, all to often we throw the baby out with the bathwater and say we're just going to take our ball/vote and go home.

Come on guys... though I don't agree with Tory on a whole lot of issues, he's better then the status quo. At least with Tory in charge, the chances of our voices actually being heard increase several fold.

I probably only line up with Mr. Tory on about 60% of the issues... but Mr. McGuinty, only about 30-40%. Consider this... I also oppose Mr. Tory's faith-based school funding idea, albeit for different reasons than most. However, I'm still going to mark my ballot for Mr. Tory... because this is JUST ONE OF MANY ISSUES. It's one that I wholeheartedly oppose, and will keep on opposing it if Mr. Tory gets into office, until the idea is finally scrapped, and some more sensible idea is brought forward, like a simple tax credit for tuition. (by big deal is that I don't want the Public school boards having a say in what can and cannot be taught in faith-based schools... I say we keep the government out of religion)

Not that I'm saying we should just put up and shut up... let's keep the dialouge going. But honestly, let's not go adding fuel to the fire over one minor yet-to-be-determined issue by saying you're simply not going to vote, or that the status quo is better. GET ENGAGED, contact your MPP's and candidates, let them know where you stand, and let them know that in order to get your vote, you want to know that they'll stand up to any bad ideas that come out of the Premier's office... like I will be after Oct. 10.

That is, of course, if he's not been eaten alive already by the rest of the BTer's.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At Thu Sep 06, 04:08:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are you telling me that no matter what, you would still vote for a particular party even if that party put forth something that you completely disagree with?

    Party leaders come and go and policies change, just because I think John Tory is going down the wrong path doesn't mean I think the next leader will do the same.

     
  • At Thu Sep 06, 04:12:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    "Are you telling me that no matter what, you would still vote for a particular party even if that party put forth something that you completely disagree with?"

    Not a chance KC... I'm just saying that I don't think this one is the issue to walk away from Tory over, even if I disagree with him.

    Besides... the main point of the post was to encourage people to dialouge, not just walk away and stick the rest of us with McGuinty for another 4 years.

     
  • At Thu Sep 06, 04:16:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How can it be eating our own. Tory is in no way a Conservative. The Ontario Conservative party needs to give us an actual conservative to vote for.

     
  • At Thu Sep 06, 05:24:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Roy Eappen said…

    I agree with you. We are all too often looking for ideological purity.
    I have issues with John Tory, but Dalton Mcliar must go. He has clarified his comments and I think this can be debated within the party.remeber what happens when the Tories fight. 13 years of pseudochretien and dithers martin. That is too high a price to pay for ideological purity.

     
  • At Thu Sep 06, 09:06:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dalton promised no health premiums, and he lied. Harper promised no income trust taxes, and he lied. So f*ing what?

    If Dalton promised to implement the teaching of the Pastafarian creation myth, and the teachings of the pirate prophets of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I would not vote for him. Tory is an idiot. Thankfully, but not surprisingly, the idiot is on your side - and the debate he has engendered will actually weaken the position of the creationists since the scientific viewpoint benefits the most from debate, where it very obviously stands head and shoulders above the alternative.

    So, keep eating your own. We LOVE finishing off the crumbs that fall from your mouths.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home