Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Admission

Now that the Ontario election is over and done with, I'll make an admission... if Dalton would just deal with his regressive Health Tax, I could be somewhat satisfied with his running of the province.

He hasn't done all that bad of a job, though we are falling behind in jobs, healthcare, etc. But his imposing the biggest tax hike in Ontario history, right after he PROMISED not to, is just a really hard pill to swallow.

People keep on telling me about the "horrible" Harris years... but between the Harris, Eves, and McGuinty years, the only negative that has personally affected me was the massive surprise tax hike Dalton brought in with his first budget. (and I say that as someone who was in Healthcare during the Harris and Eves years... they weren't as bad as some would have you believe)

If he'd roll that tax back, or even listen to the NDP and cut it in half, I think he'd be doing a somewhat decent job.

Of course, that doesn't mean I won't help in defeating him next time around.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At Fri Oct 12, 06:21:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I actually agree with you.

    In fact, if it wasn't for the health tax and their arrogance, I wouldn't have helped out the PCs in the election at all.

    In fact, I found it hard do decide if the PCs or the Liberals had the better platform.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home