Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

The TRUTH about CUPE's strike at YorkU

I heard this last week via an insider connected to the YorkU strike, but this confirms it... the CUPE strike at YorkU has NOTHING to do with their current contract, it has EVERYTHING to do with WHAT'S BEST FOR THE UNION.

This quote from The Toronto Star: "CUPE 3903 also wants a two-year deal that will expire in 2010 along with those of CUPE locals at other Ontario universities, which would bolster the union's bargaining clout across the province."

It has nothing to do with what's best for the staff or the students... IT'S ALL ABOUT WHAT'S BEST FOR THE UNION, and enhancing their hand in 2010.

I say stand fast to the Administration of YorkU... I hope they hold out and BREAK the folks at CUPE. (and send a message to the likes of Syd Ryan, who's also been in the news lately for his biased and anti-Semetic comments earlier this week)

3 Comments:

  • At Thu Jan 08, 01:01:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I grow up I wanna be a union buster.

     
  • At Thu Jan 08, 02:02:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Reid said…

    If I was a conspiracy nut, which I'm not, I might, considering Sid Ryan's call for a boycott of Israeli academics, see a more nefarious motive behind a CUPE strike at York (also derrogatively known as J_w-U).

     
  • At Sat Jan 17, 04:28:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CUPE 3903 are the biggest contributors to the radical Ontario Coalition Against Poverty that has been pushing for a nationwide strike because they have said they want a world wide economic collapse.

    No wonder nothing satisfies CUPE 3903.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home