Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Oh the joys of computer gags

As part of the IT staff here at work, I've been implementing new security policies... don't leave your workstation unlocked, or you'll get recorded in our security audit. Well, I've nailed one girl in Purchasing twice now, and she's been determined to catch me forgetting to lock my PC. Not gonna happen. So, I thought I'd have a little fun... First time around, I left a little note for her... "Can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!". She responded to my note, writting "DARN!" on it.

But today, a brainstorm... time to get her really good! I took a screen capture of my unlocked desktop, then set that JPG as my screensaver, set the timer for 1 minute, locked my workstation, and walked away. Sure enough, guess who checks in on me... and leaves a "GOT YA!" note on my PC. I walked back into my office right as she was walking out, giggling to herself... I asked her to go to my PC and try moving the mouse... screensaver vanishes, and what should appear?
"This computer is in use and has been locked. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to unlock this computer."
Remember... the System Admin ALWAYS gets the last laugh... ;-)

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Jul 20, 02:41:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Andrew, you're sure one sneaky guy! :) And of course... only another computer nerd would find this funny! haha (guess I'm a nerd!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home