Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It's over

It's 10:11pm, and with Ohio, Pennsylvania and Iowa in the "blue" column, and with Obama sitting at 207 Electoral Votes before California even enters the mix, it's all over.

Was interesting watching Fox online tonight.  I must say they lived up to their "Fair and Balanced" slogan, with senior Republican and Democratic analysts on the broadcast.  They said pretty much the same thing I've been thinking for a few weeks now... the wipe out of the GOP tonight is exactly what they need.  With the Democrats in charge of the White House, the House and the Senate, they've got no excuses left.  The people have spoken, and they're demanding results.  If they don't deliver, pronto, Obama's gonna be Jimmy Carter the Second... a one term Democrat.

Night all, I'm out.

6 Comments:

  • At Wed Nov 05, 02:21:00 a.m. EST, Blogger Livingsword said…

    The ladies on CNN were gleeful the opposite of when Palin was named when they set their hair on fire…This will also be very good for the Church in the US…

     
  • At Wed Nov 05, 08:49:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was shocked at Iowa.

    My step-dad told my kid brother to go to bed around 9:30 but he wanted to keep watching with us.

    To help my step-dad out I said to my kid brother "Let me eliminate the suspense for you... (I then listed which states would go to which candidate), Obama will win it all, now go to bed!"

    Anyway, when I was listing states, I told him Iowa (the state that supported Mike Huckabee in the primaries, afterall) would go to McCain. I was glad he was in bed when that call was made 'cuz I'd of had to stick my foot in my mouth. I still can't believe Iowa went to Obama.

    MW

     
  • At Wed Nov 05, 10:11:00 a.m. EST, Blogger Ontario Blue Tory said…

    I love how in Obama's speech he said it will take more than 4 years to fix the military and economic situation. The guy's not even President and already he's campaigning for 2012!

     
  • At Wed Nov 05, 01:40:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Darryl said…

    A terrific night for America last night. America voted for change and elected Obama with a huge margin. This is a good opportunity for Republicans to get back to their conservative roots and rebuild that Reagan coalition. After the past 8 years, change was required. Last night was emotional, historic and showed the world what makes America great. I think the United States made the right choice and their decision will have a positive impact on Stephen Harper and Canada's relations with the USA going forward.

     
  • At Wed Nov 05, 02:33:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Except for the whole leaking of the memo during Ohio-thing

    I'm sure Obama will forget all about that.

    McCain would have been better for Canada

    MW

     
  • At Wed Nov 05, 11:45:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i have one prediction....the republican party is on a downward spiral from here on out. With all the intelligent moderates leaving the republican party....unless the party changes significantly to start attracting the middle ground people, we aren't gonna see a republican president for years to come.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home