Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

YouTube influencing Party ads?

Hummm... I just saw a Tory campaign ad on CTV that closely resembeled this ad that I noticed on Darryl Wolk's blog and posted last week in my "Best YouTube Election Video" theme...


The Tory ad had the same plot line, similar tone and theme as this YouTube one. (way better looking though, professionally done, very effective... looking for a link online) Could the parties be closely watching what's popping up online, and taking queues from what they see popping up on the web?

This one's a good one... it starts off with an over the shoulder shot of someone (supposed to be Mr. McGuinty) signing the now infamous "Taxpayers Protection Promise"... the person then takes the signed pledge, and crumples it up into a ball, leaving it on the desk. The narrarator says something like "Apparently, his signature isn't worth the paper it's written on". In terms of attack ads, this one hits the mark. It's now my current favorite for "Best Official Party Attack Ad".

Interesting... maybe I was right, that this is the first election that will be heavily influenced by YouTube.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Sun Sep 23, 11:04:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm finished with John Tory. The separate religious school issue upset me, but his latest - using the Jane Creba tragedy is digusting.

    John Tory - Mr. Integrity? I know he lacks taste - that was evident during Kim Campbell's campaign when he approved the nasty ad campaign about Chretien's face - distasteful - Chretien's face was a result of palsy when he was a kid and you don't make fun of someone with an affliction.

    Now the Jane Creber issue and misinformation on the true facts about crime.

    That's it - I have decided I WILL NOT vote for John Tory - he disgusts me.

     
  • At Sun Sep 23, 06:03:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Care to put your name to that anon? I'm more inclined to think you're really a Liberal troll.

    I saw the ad, I didn't think they were alluding to any one crime... the stats they used seem legit to me.

     
  • At Mon Sep 24, 12:59:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In general, I really hate "attack ads," they just make me angry with the party that came up with them, whichever it happens to be. I'd rather see ads promoting what the party is going to be doing if elected. While we need to understand where people screwed up in the past to make educated choices, its tough to make the choices when all parties do is criticize each other rather than promote their platform. Its the kind of thing that makes me say "forget it", and not even bother looking it up online or anywhere else. And while that makes me an apathetic voter, I'd rather not listen to a bunch of people squawking out accusations. I'm so glad I moved to BC, where I have to figure out here everything on my own... :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home