Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Mr. McGuinty, we've heard that one before

"Premier McGuinty says no new taxes if he's elected"

ROTFLOL!!!

With all due respect, I'm sorry Mr. McGuinty, we've heard that one from your lips once before... and now that I'm well over $500 poorer due to your previous broken promise, I'm not inclined to believe you this time around.

And I think a lot of my fellow Ontarians will agree with me.

Premier McGuinty says no new taxes if he's elected
Monday, June 04, 2007 - 08:08 AM
By: John Stall

Toronto - The campaigning has begun in earnest: Premier Dalton McGuinty says there'll be no new taxes if he's re-elected premier in October.

But, the premier has said that before, and has still raised taxes.

The premier has admitted to the broken promise though, claiming a $5.6 billion deficit left behind by the Eves government left him no choice but to raise those taxes even though he said he wouldn't.

This time, he says we can believe him because things are different.

"I'm not hiding a deficit, you know I'm not hiding a deficit, and furthermore, the provincial auditor will confirm that I'm not hiding a deficit - that's the difference," McGuinty said.

McGuinty's word will be up for debate throughout the summer election campaign.
Conservative leader John Tory says he'll scrap the healthcare tax the Liberals brought in. The premier says that would be a reckless thing to do.

This may be the beginnings of a rough and tumble election campaign that Premier McGuinty warned members of his party would be aggressive and nasty.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At Mon Jun 04, 10:05:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Joanne (True Blue) said…

    Perhaps the Premier could consider an alternate career as a stand-up comedian if this gig doesn't work out.

     
  • At Mon Jun 04, 12:47:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Brian in Calgary said…

    Maybe the Premier believes that his promise was such a good one that he can use it again, and again, and again.

     
  • At Mon Jun 04, 12:55:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Perhaps it's time Conservative premiers and PM's should try to leave provinces and the country in better financial shape.

    The CPC mess up and the Liberals have to clean up financially.

    I have to wonder what a Calgarian would know about Ontario's problems with a right-wing Conserv provincial government which was a disaster and given what McGuinty was left with - he's done very well.

    Funny that you're not concerned with the lies by Deceivin Stephen and his gang of controlled puppets. Amazes me. I shake my head.

     
  • At Tue Jun 05, 06:23:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Shawn Abigail said…

    I'm sure he'll tell the truth, this time. He wouldn't break a solemn pledge, would he?

     
  • At Tue Jun 05, 09:01:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Great! McGuilty is making promises again...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home