Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

I'll say "Hi" to Dubbya for you all!

Heading off to the US of A tomorrow for a week, and will be dropping by his place late next week. To all my Liberal friends, I'll wave to him for you... "with all five fingers".

Hey, what can I say... actually, I'd drop by there no matter who was in the Oval Office, as I'm a big history and an all-thing-politics-in-general buff. To be honest, I just chose that as my title because I figured it would drive more traffic to my site... and I was right, wasn't I? ;-)

Washington D.C. is a significant place of power and history, and I've wanted to visit for years. Will be doing all the tourist stuff... the Capitol, the Mall, Arlington, the Pentagon, the J. Edgar Hoover building, etc. Photos to follow, to be sure.

Besides... it will be fun to imagine the place as it was almost 193 years ago, way back in August of 1814... all nicely lit up and ablaze, thanks to my ancestors in the British Army! (and their Loyalist forces from Upper Canada) The attack was partially intended as revenge for the torching of York (present day Toronto) the previous winter. (and I'm sure there are many Canadians, mostly on the left, who would love to see an encore right about now...) It was, and likely still is, the largest invasion the United States has ever seen... and likely ever will see, for that matter.

Please behave while I'm gone... I wouldn't want anyone to say anything that will get me picked up at the border when I try to come back. But just in case, I'll be farming out some comment moderation, and may even allow a guest post or two.

Until then... keep on working towards a greater country! (and I mean that for both my BT readers and my Liblog readers... I'm an optimist, what can I say... I still have hope that the blogosphere can be used to broaden understanding, and foster compromise, when the right players are involved)

Feel free to leave links to major stories in the comments... I'd like to keep up with what's going on and what all happened when I get back.

Have a great week... and BEHAVE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home