Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Breakfast with Monte

Any takers in the Kitchener/Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, or Wellington area?

The president of the Guelph EDA asked me to let people know that Minister Monte Solberg will be coming to Guelph on Wednesday May 23, at 7:30am. Here's the e-mail I got sent...
Join us for the Breakfast Barr[sic] at Golden Griddle Restaurant, 20 Woodlawn Road East on Wednesday May 23, 2007 at 7:30 AM. Our special guest speaker will be Monte Solberg, Minister of Human Resources and Social Development.

Tickets are on sale now, just $20.

Order your tickets via the EDA website at www.GuelphCP.ca, or by emailing your reservation info to fundraising(at)YourCandidate(dot)ca
(I modified the e-mail address to help fight SPAM)

The spelling "mistake" on "Breakfast Barr" is intentional... the name of the CPC candidate for Guelph is Brent Barr. Sounds like it will be fun, I'm planning on being there. (hey boss, I'll be late for work)

I've met Monte a couple of times, and I was a huge fan of his blog back in the day. He's so totally down to earth... like much of the CPC Cabinet and Caucus. It was a blast meeting many of them at the CPC Training back in March... being among friends, most of them let their hair down a little bit. I think you'd be surprised at how hilarious some of them are! (and the unexpected ones are the funniest!)

So, contact the Guelph EDA if you're interested, and head on over there next Wednesday if you can spare the twenty bucks!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home