Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Headline wrap up

Just a listing of the things I've been reading/thinking about. It's been a funny kind of day... I don't have much new to share because many of the MSM pundits have already said what I was thinking!

Such as the National Post's Don Martin... I said to my wife last night that we stand the most to gain from Bosclair's resignation.

And I said that we need to start coming forward with some legislation... this isn't a bad place to start. It will be fun watching the Liberals try and object to and stall this one. Are we finally going to be able to level the playing field? I doubt it... the Liberals will find some way around the new-new rules. But, one can always be an optimist and hope for a fair and level playing field, what with our country supposedly being a democratic system and all...

Garth had a rather good post yesterday... I agree, it looks like we won't be going to the polls for a little bit. (unless of course the Liberal backroomers get desperate enough to push Dion over the cliff themselves...)

And from the "news of the weird" file, a friend sent me this link, which references this Globe & Mail article on the "Canadian spy coins" alert put out by the US DoD last year.
The supposed nano-technology actually was a conventional protective coating the Royal Canadian Mint applied to prevent the poppy's red colour from rubbing off. The mint produced nearly 30 million such quarters in 2004 commemorating Canada's 117,000 war dead.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home