Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm back... looks like I didn't miss much!

I can tell that I didn't miss much when I see my own post, THAT I MADE 5 DAYS AGO, still showing at the bottom of the Blogging Tories aggrogator page! What, did everyone choose this week to go on vacation or something?

Been keeping sort-of up to date on stuff via CBC Radio News... it has been a slow week I gather. Ceasefire is taking effect, good to see. Here's waiting to see if the UN will actually follow through and disarm Hezbollah... who have already said that they "will not be disarmed by anyone". Heard that Bevilaqua dropped out, and that he supported Rae. Orchard supporting Dion... he's going to be the darkhorse contender, I've been saying for some time now. National Post is reporting that former PM Jean C. is supporting Rae behind the scenes? Look for Rae, Dion, Kennedy and Iggy in the Top 5... not sure who else will be in there with them, but I think one more will be.

As for this week, it's been really good, as I've had some time to think a few things through. Some of my readers will chide me for my choice of reading while away... I snagged the local library's copy of "Godless", the new book by good old Annie C. NO, I don't take what she writes as gospel truth, but she's good for a laugh... and she actually has some really good points to consider this time around. I do actually recommend it, solely because she takes on some of the "sacred cows" of the leftist movement, and asks some hard questions that no one else wants to dare to ask. (and she has a few good zingers in it too!) More on that as I formulate my thoughts over the next 24-72 hours.

I also had a chance to finish "Rescuing Canada's Right" by Adam and Tasha... good stuff. A solid examination of some of the flaws in our current "conservative" movement, and some good advice on the steps needed to "move the goalposts" in the current debate in Canadian politics. Reading this also gave me the chance to chew on various thoughts I've had over the last few months, so I hope to have more on that over the next few days too.

To counter any accusations that I'm only reading one-sided works, don't forget that I have and have read Warren's "Kicking A** in Canadian Politics", and "Grits", a history lesson in the Liberal Party of Canada, written by a Liberal insider. I'm also finally getting started on my copy of Treaudeu's "Memoirs", because I've discovered one thing... the more I find out about the man and his views, the less I like him. Reading the thoughts of the man himself will either refute what I've been learning, or confirm it. Thoughts on that over the next few months.

Also finally took time to write out my thoughts for my "idea", which is to go to our EDA Board's policy meeting this Fall. It's an idea fostered by some of our crime and punishment discussions here on this blog... so, to all who have commented, thanks for your thoughts... now let's see if we can turn discussion into positive action!

Hopefully it will be supported by our Board... I'm planning on putting together a solid proposal that will make it a slam dunk, at least locally. From there, it will go to our regional policy meeting... where, if supported, will be forwarded to our Policy Convention in Winnipeg next spring... where it will be voted on, and if approved, becomes official Party policy. What is it, you ask? Come on... I can't tell you yet! But it has to do with a few of the things discussed here... focusing on not only on dealing with crime, but also working to help deal with some of its roots. So stay tuned... and thanks for all your input!

Anyway, I had a great week, my wife said it was the best camping trip we've had in our 5 years of marriage... and I agree with her! Great weather, good reading, rest, relaxation, and some canoeing. What have you all been up to?

6 Comments:

  • At Sat Aug 19, 04:07:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger trustonlymulder said…

    Aggregators been on the fritz I think.

    Nice to have you back

     
  • At Sat Aug 19, 05:50:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Joanne (True Blue) said…

    Sounds like a great time. I read 'Godless' too. Good stuff, but as always it is skewed towards U.S. politics, which I find boring. Interesting theories though, and a lot of it can be applied to our dear Liberal party in Canada.

     
  • At Sat Aug 19, 11:12:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So you enjoyed some good old-fashion Canadian canoeing... looks like you more similar to Trudeau than you like to admit! (j/k)

    I agree with your 4 in the top 5 of the Liberal Leadership... I'd include Brison in that list to round the number off! Yeah, I know what you're thinking and I was writing him off at the beginning too, but with McKenna's support, that should at least vault him into the top-5 (although still unlikely to win!). My money's on Kennedy (a good old-fashion, come from behind win on the final ballot), unless Iggy can pull far enough ahead at the beginning... it'll be interesting!

    I also glad to see the cease-fire in Lebanon, but don't hold your breath about the UN disarming Hezbollah (or "Hizbollah" as Bush like's to say). Contributing nation's don't want their troops killed while in southern lebanon (and understandably so... no need for another western Quagmire in Lebanon)... However, I do look forward to hearing you call for Isreal to pay for the infrastructure they destroyed during the war (as you suggested at it's onset). Are you going to step-up to the plate or back-down on that one?

    Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! I'm coming back to Canada at the end of September with my Japanese fiancee and lookforward to a good trip into Canada's wilderness too!!! (I hope she enjoys it too... it's a lot different from Japan!)

    Peace,
    Mike

     
  • At Sat Aug 19, 03:04:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    No, I still think offering aid (perhaps via IDF Engineers, etc) to Lebannon would be a good move... try to counter Hezbollah in the "battle for hearts and minds", where they (Hez) are presently giving away cash to bomb victims. (where did they get all this cash again?)

    As for the Treadeau crack... I was actually wanting my wife to take a pic of me paddling away, and posting it with the comment "My one similarity to PET"

     
  • At Sat Aug 19, 05:05:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    See, you should have a picture of yourself pretending to be drowned at the bottom of the lake. Get the picture taken with the caption, "My one similarity to PET's son."

    Just to be totally over-the-top and controversial. You'd get a lot of readership that way. I'd totally applaud it.

     
  • At Sun Aug 20, 12:11:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    LOL - I was just hoping he'd do it! :D I'd be able to point to the evening news and say, "See? I know that guy! I've had lunch with him!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home