Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Dinner with the Minister

Totally cool... I picked up my wife after her concert, then headed to their season end party for the Elora Festival Singers. (she's an Alto) And who do I find there? The Honourable Michael D. Chong... President of the Queen's Privy Council for Canada, Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs, and Minister for Sport. Makes sense... Parliament is out, and we're in his riding. He was also there to present a letter of thanks from the Prime Minister to a member of their Board who was retiring.

Went and introduced myself, but only chatted for a couple of minutes. I didn't want to bombard the guy on his vacation! Anyway, listened into a conversation he was having with a consituant, upset with the Government's stand on Childcare. He made some really good points about how the different levels of government interact on this issue (he is the Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs, after all) and what the Federal government is doing about it... and these answers really seemed to put her concerns to ease. I also took the opportunity to pass on my thanks for the current government's stand on the crisis in the Middle East.

It was a nice addition to my long weekend. Man, I am ever a junkie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home