Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

I support Iggy

For the record, at least on this issue, I support Iggy:
"There is a mounting fear that, if the international community fails here, Afghanistan will fall back into the hands of the Taliban," Mr. Ignatieff said. "We cannot let that happen."

He said Canadians want to defend the rights the Taliban would take away, including democratic votes and women's rights, and should not back out because of an offensive.
"Leadership means standing firm. It means remembering who we are. The question of this extension really comes down to whether we were prepared, as a nation, to withdraw in eight months from now, leaving the job undone."
Hear hear!

On this issue, I think Ignatieff is right on the money. I don't think this is a Conservative vs. Liberal issue, as his opponents are trying to paint this. Like Iggy reminded people, "This is a Liberal mission".

h/t to Siscoe.ca.

UPDATE: My first visit to the G&M let me read the story, but now it's asking to register. Grrr...

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Jun 17, 02:53:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    I'm not all down with Ignatiev's view of economic issues, but I wouldn't shed any tears if he became Prime Minister. And I think Harper would have a tough time beating him in a debate, unless he allows his normal exuberant charisma to break through, and Ignatiev falls asleep for most of the debate.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home