Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Monday, June 05, 2006

FIFA World Cup 2006 - GO ENGLAND!

Okay, I'm sure to get flamed for this, but I'm posting anyway... GO ENGLAND!

If you don't have a team to cheer for, as a Canadian, I think you should cheer for England. Why? Not only is it the home of our soverign monarch, Queen Elizabeth II, but because the England team has a good-old Alberta born boy in its ranks... Owen Hargreaves.
A versatile midfield player born in Canada of English stock and based for his entire professional career in Germany, Hargreaves first came to prominence during Bayern Munich’s successful 2000/2001 UEFA Champions League campaign.
Hey, an Alberta boy is playing in the World Cup, and an Alberta team is in the Stanley Cup... let's hope things go well for Canada!

ps - Why do I support England, you ask? Did I mention I was born there? Born right in the heart of Manchester United country, no less! (and my dad was a semi-pro footballer back home too)

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Jun 05, 01:22:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger CQ said…

    _Since I commented earlier today, I'll argue that a "good-old" Cdn boy would play for a Canadian national squad.
    _We might have won an Olympics Basketball medal in either 2000 or 2004 had more than S.A. born all-star Steve Nash signed up. The same might also be said for Baseball.

     
  • At Mon Jun 05, 02:04:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    I'd agree with you, however, since our national boys are about 54 places BELOW World Cup contention (ranked 86th in the world, only 32 teams make the cut) I'd have to say I'm glad he's playing for my OTHER national team. ;-)

     
  • At Mon Jun 05, 07:06:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    I say, Go Germany!

    That's it, keep going. And going. Just a little further. And...some more. Go, Germany, go! Further! Faster! Go, Germany!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home