Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Monday, October 20, 2008

It's time to get tough on crime

My car got broken into... AGAIN. Likely just a punk hoodlum, looking for change to feed his drug habit... cause he left my Palm Pilot sitting right where I left it in plain sight, but took off with the $4.00 I had in change in the cup holder.

My MP's gonna love hearing from me on this one. All the left says crime is down... hogwash. It's way up, but most of the time, we just don't bother reporting it anymore. Not in this case, this one's getting reported. It won't go anywhere, no one will get caught, but it's gonna get reported anyway. If everyone affected by crime reported it anyway, we'd start getting the real numbers on crime, and maybe that would shut up the leftists who keep trying to tell us that "crime is actually down".

If my MP doesn't support the passage of our crime bills, I'll make sure he wears it come the next election.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At Mon Oct 20, 10:05:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have been following and enjoying your blog for about a month.
    I traded my ashtray full of change for a Tim Horton's card. Easier to use; easier to hide. I don't get any change back either.

     
  • At Mon Oct 20, 11:19:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Statistics all across the map are skewed, from crime to unemployment. They just don't reflect reality. Sure crime overall might be going down due to demographics with the aging 'boomers', but they fail to include that youth crime has spiked 30% since 1990.

    And they fail to mention the epidemic surge of crystal meth and crack cocaine use, which are solely responsible for the lion's share of property crimes, such as the theft from your car.

    And -- I am a lifelong lefty, who is sick at the center-left/left's reluctance to do something about this issue (especially the Senate!). This is the one issue that I agree more with your party than any other on.

     
  • At Mon Oct 20, 01:15:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WEB
    Until the Libs,NDP and Bloc change there idea you have to hug a thug our laws will never change. Case in point
    all three partys blocked a crime bill that would keep child molesters rapist and repeat ofenders in jail for there FULL turm.Two cases in Alberta last month is just the tip of iceburg.

     
  • At Mon Oct 20, 01:25:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger macdouk said…

    Easy there "Mr.Christian". You are beginning to sound rather violent yourself.THREATENING IS A FORM OF ASSAULT.

     
  • At Mon Oct 20, 01:32:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I do hope that Harper pushes stiffer laws through (even as a confidence vote) .I am getting tired of the BS middle of the road (lets not offend anyone) attitude the Conservatives have been using for the last couple of years.

     
  • At Mon Oct 20, 04:18:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    macdouk, you don't have a clue who you're talking to, or about. I don't condone any form of violence. If you'd care to re-read the post, you might notice that I was referring to ELECTORAL consequences, not physical ones.

    Care to try again?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home