Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Guelph Liberal campaign on the rocks?

On the doors the past while, the Tories in Guelph have discovered a new, previously untapped pools of supporters... card carrying Liberal members.

It's not really surprising though, when you take a look at the state of the Federal Liberal campaign. They've been forced to spend all their time just trying to hold on to what they have, as opposed to growing their support. And card carrying Liberals in Guelph are telling Conservatives at the door that they plan on making their voices heard loud and clear on October 14th... by voting for Gloria Kovach.

Then there's the other pool of new Conservative supporters that I've been hearing about at work... the Italian vote. That one's a real shocker! Once considered a "lock" for Team Dion/Valeriote, even this community group is starting to slip through their fingers. I've been personally hearing from Italians, who are supporting Gloria Kovach and Stephen Harper, that even other members of their family are openly talking about supporting Gloria too! And these are lifelong Liberal supporting Italians folks!

As well, friend of mine was volunteering for the Valeriote campaign the other day, and shared with me his thoughts on how things are going... on the quiet, of course. He said things were pretty quiet in the office, and they actually turned him away because they didn't have anything for him to do! So in talking to the other volunteers, they got talking about the polls... and it wasn't a cheery conversation. Of course, that ended abruptly when one worker snapped "We don't look at the polls, we're not worried."

That's right guys, don't worry about the polls... because there's not a thing you can do about them.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At Sat Oct 04, 09:02:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here in Mississauga South, I think that Paul Szabo is in some trouble. Even, (gasp) the Toronto Star said as much! Two elections ago he handily turned aside the contender. In the last one the gap closed to 2000 votes.

    Fifteen years ago, I would have voted for him without pausing to think. He's a socially and, I guess, fiscally conservative person. He is a man of honour and principles. He works hard. He has a CA and MBA. (I'm excepting that stint as committee chair.)

    We don't have a sign war here, just a skirmish. Until yesterday, what few signs there were, were red. Yesterday, like mushrooms, blue ones started appearing.

    He's in the wrong party.

     
  • At Sat Oct 04, 09:54:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Babylonian777 said…

    I have been door-Canvassing and phone canvassing in Mississauga-Brampton south...............I must say, I have been SURPRISED at the number of Italians supporting, I get the odd old-skool liberal zealot that yells me down, but for the most part it's good. Not only that..........I think its SAFE to say, in my area at least, that the Liberals have lost the immigrant vote here!

     
  • At Sat Oct 04, 12:12:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Babylonian777 said…

    I know he is a social conservative, and that is always great to hear...............but...........his handling of the committee's were appaling, the amount of partisanship he displayed was disgusting. He is what I would classify as a religious Liberal. I am not attacking his catholocism when I say that, just indicating that the Liberal brand is deeply engrained in him.

    Should be interesting seeing Dave Eckert (didn't spell that correctly) and Omar Alghabra (is he even running against him?) Dave only missed it by 1000 votes last time.

     
  • At Sat Oct 04, 02:47:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been telling people I know in Toronto that if this city doesn't return a few seats to the Tories then it will be bled dry in the coming years. We cannot go out of our way to help those that do not support us.

     
  • At Sat Oct 04, 03:00:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger grady said…

    Hi babylonian do you think the Conservatives are going to win Mississauga Brampton South ?
    I think the cons. are going to win Mississauga South and Erindale.
    I live in Mississauga Streetsville and I dont know. Will people still be upset about Khan crossing the floor?

     
  • At Sat Oct 04, 09:32:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am working the Mississauga South campaign and we have actually out signed Szabo for some time now in some areas, but the last week has seen an unprecedented amount of requests. People in this riding are angry and have grown weary of this man. Time to go BLUE!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home