Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Liberal MP withdraws sexist and ageist remarks

Liberal MP Robert Thibault has withdrawn the sexist and ageist remarks he made to a Hill Times reporter the other day, after some non-partisan women's groups agreed with the Tories that the remarks were inappropriate.
"If anything I said can be interpreted as sexist, I unequivocally and wholeheartedly apologize and withdraw my comments," Thibault said.

"I have always been a strong supporter of women in politics and want to encourage, not hinder, their participation in the public sphere."
On that note, I'd also like to encourage the participation of more women in the public sphere...

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At Wed Aug 13, 06:04:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    At least he apologized. Peter MacKay should do the same thing - apologize for ALL his remarks.

    MacKay's attitude has hurt the CPC with women.

     
  • At Wed Aug 13, 09:06:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cute

    IF Gloria wins, it should be because of her resume (and the fact she can make a whole city forget the controversy surrounding her, but I digress) not simply because she's a woman.

    That would be the true sexism, if Gloria wins just because she's the only (electable) woman running.

    Mike Wisniewski

     
  • At Wed Aug 13, 11:36:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Top Can said…

    Let me get this straight.

    This guy thought that at 60, his Conservative opponent Greg Kerr was too old for the job as MP for West Nova.

    Yet, at the sprinting ages of 59 and 65 when they first became Prime Ministers, Jean Chretien and Paul Martin were okay with Thibault.

    Good thing I don't go to Atlantic Caucus and have to run into this guy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home