Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Garth made an "OOPS"

Amm, this one may get Mr. Turner in some BIG trouble...

I just got this in my e-mail... the funny thing is, I don't ever recall signing up for an e-mail update from the Halton LIBERAL Association. If I recall correctly, I only ever signed up for e-mail updates from the Conservative candidate during the 2006 election...

But low and behold, the Halton Federal Liberal Association is inviting my to come and meet Ralph Goodale in November!

Now, while some of you may say that it's one and the same person, the reality is that the law looks at them as being quite seperate and distinct entities. My contact information was in the possession of the Halton Federal Conservative EDA. I never authorized the transfer of my contact information to the Federal Halton Liberal Association.

This is what you call an "OOPS"... and it's a BIG ONE. Not only is it a violation of my privacy, but it may be a violation of the Elections Act, since they were never authorized to make use of my contact information.

I've sent them a demand for an apology, and a demand that all contact lists that were the property of the Halton Conservative EDA be returned or destroyed immediately. We'll see where this one goes.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At Tue Oct 02, 04:16:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hope you didn't spell apology with 2 "p"s in your demand!

     
  • At Tue Oct 02, 04:58:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you also get a mailed and paid for by the taxpayer notice of Garth's Loser Tory Tour?

    I did. I also just received the email invite. I too am a Conservative and I believe I signed up for his emails when he was a Conservative.

    Either that or he is mining the traffic lists from his blog site which, I would think, would be unethical.

    Liberal Spam I say.

     
  • At Tue Oct 02, 05:05:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    ILLEGAL Liberal Spam I say. ;-)

     
  • At Tue Oct 02, 05:15:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never been on ANY of those lists (I live in Alberta) and yet I got that message as well. I suspect that anyone who has ever posted anything on garthy-boy's website had their email address harvested. Not a big shock, really, given the stellar integrity record of the site's namesake.

     
  • At Tue Oct 02, 06:20:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Dirk said…

    If you post your email address when posting on someone's site, and you haven't indicated that you don't want your address used for further mailings, you deserve whatever emails you get. There's nothing unethical or untoward there.

    Those Liberal riding association mailings may be another item, however...

     
  • At Tue Oct 02, 06:40:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've gotten stuff from the Conservatives and NDP.

    Get over yourself and get yourself in a flap about something really important.

    What a wingnut.

     
  • At Tue Oct 02, 08:46:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Dude, there's a big differenece between getting a "ten percenter" being mailed to your house, (which is a standard thing that each MP has a set budget for, and can be used to sent items to neighbouring ridings) and having your e-mail address used for purposes other than what you signed up for.

    Especially when you gave it to one riding association, and the MP switches sides, and then takes your contact information with him... THAT is against the law.

     
  • At Thu Oct 04, 01:21:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those who were on Garths CPC list are getting this email. I asked awhile back to stop his drivel.

    His staff doesnt know how to search their email database. Incompetant? Maybe, but lacking attention to detail.

    Too bad this meeting with Goodale will be in the midst of an election campaign.

    Garths $545 bucks in the bank of the Halton Lib's needs some topping up. Halton CPC funds are doing quite well since, shall we say, someone crossed the floor.

    Bring it on!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home