Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Why I don't want to buy a domestic car

Because I want the dollars that I'm spending to actually go into the car... and I don't want to pay more for it than it's worth.

As I've been saying for a long time, the only way for the "Big Three" (now really the "Big One, Three and Four") to survive is with wage and benefit reductions, a streamlining of the workforce, and significant improvements to the QA process. (starting with the design teams... but they're not really Buzz's problem)

Of course, Buzz will never agree... and he'll be personally responsible for killing the auto industry in Ontario.

In the meantime, young people like me, who remember all the car trouble their parents had with North American vehicles, will keep on buying imports.

Let's just look at my vehicles so far... first one was a Hyundai, my second was a Saturn (when they were more independant), and my current one is a Volkswagon... and it's already been decided that my next will be a Toyota.

Are you sensing a pattern here Buzz? It's up to you to change it, because I likely won't buy North American until you make an effort to change the industry... the status quo that you are seeking to maintain is no longer acceptable.

h/t to SDA

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At Tue Jul 17, 11:00:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Spitfire said…

    Another reason I did not buy domestic is, sadly, they make shitty cars. Rust buckets I tell ya! You would think that North American companies would be innovative enough to design cars that would survive North American winters....

     
  • At Tue Jul 17, 11:23:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where did you get the chart used in your post from, I'm interested in the statistics.
    Thanks

     
  • At Tue Jul 17, 11:47:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Me too... the original source link seems to be dead, will track it down as best I can.

    Here's one similar link, which quotes the Toyota numbers...
    http://members.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0521/058.html?token=MTcgSnVsIDIwMDcgMTU6NDQ6MzAgKzAwMDA%253D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home