Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Today's National Post

So, I sit down to read today's National Post... first time in weeks I've had the chance to do so on a Saturday. And what do I find?

FOURTEEN, count 'em, 14, stinking pages on Conrad Black!!! The first non-Black story I found was on page 17!!! Of course, there were two full page ads amongst the first 16 pages, one from Stella Atrios on their tainted prodcut, and one from the Toronto Auto Dealers Association on Mayor Miller's impending tax hikes... both of which were significantly more interesting that the coverage of Conrad Black, mind you.

My EDA President had a good line on the whole Conrad Black affair yesterday... "I mean really, how much is this going to affect our lives? It won't." Well, you got it wrong man, looks like it did affect my life... I was looking forward to actually reading the paper for once!

4 Comments:

  • At Sat Jul 14, 02:13:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I knew a Conrad once; everyone called him Coony, any relationship I wonder?

    If the NP is wondering why their readership is down....

    Reading some of the 'conservative' blogs one gets the impression that Coony Black walked on water just to amaze his friends and worry his enemies. I take a bit more realistic point of view. Without proper corporate governance the economy as we know will cease to exist. If Coony Black did what was alleged then he was working to destroy the very system that allowed him to become wealthy. I hate to see a man punished for a crime he did not commit I hate to see a man get away with stealing other people's money.

     
  • At Sat Jul 14, 06:19:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How incurious of you. Check out 'Just Right' today.

     
  • At Sun Jul 15, 11:34:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Guelph First said…

    What about Paris Hilton??? I want to know more about her!!!

     
  • At Mon Jul 16, 04:56:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If Black broke the law he deserves to go to jail.
    One article would be enough to cover that I guess.

    H

     

Post a Comment

<< Home