Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Okay, now you've got my attention!

Got this Notice from the PMO today, for an announcement coming tomorrow... and I have to say, on a whole bunch of levels, I'm REALLY curious!
Public events for February 20, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario

Public events for Prime Minister Stephen Harper for Tuesday, February 20th are:

9:30 a.m. – Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates will make an announcement. The Prime Minister will also be accompanied by Tony Clement, Minister of Health and Minister for the Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario, Josée Verner, Minister of International Cooperation and Minister for La Francophonie and Official Languages, and Maxime Bernier, Minister of Industry.

Reading Room (237C Centre Block)
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
Okay, my curiosity is peaked! I'm a card carrying Conservative and big Stephen Harper fan... and I'm also an IT guy, who uses tons of Microsoft products, in a healthcare institution. (I'm right in the middle of a massive Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 rollout)

So to hear that there's going to be an announcement with Stephen Harper, Bill Gates, AND Tony Clement? There's no way I'm NOT going to be watching this announcement closely!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At Mon Feb 19, 07:49:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I may be mistaken, but I believe the announcement will be an AIDS support announcement. I believe I heard something about that last week, and Gates was definitely mentioned.

     
  • At Mon Feb 19, 08:42:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Matt said…

    I agree, I'm fairly certain it's an announcement on AIDS funding. Or rather, funding to fight AIDS.

    Friday CTV story

     
  • At Mon Feb 19, 09:13:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Joan Tintor said…

    I don't care what it is, so long as the PM and Gates keep their clothes on.

     
  • At Tue Feb 20, 12:38:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Watched it: they kept their clothes on Joan! It was great!
    And the media pounced on it...Harper didn't make it to the AIDS fest...so he's BAAAD!
    Gates was gracious...PMSH on behalf of Canadians was grateful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home