Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Dinner with Preston

Oh yea... me and "The Greatest Prime Minister We Never Had"...Totally inspiring guy. He spoke to a group of us, and encouraged youth, myself included, to get involved. On the one hand, I wish he'd taken the Premiership of Alberta. On the other hand, I'm REALLY GLAD he's working to lay the foundation for Conservatives for years to come.

Pulling a quote from a Ford commercial... "Every now and then, someone comes along... who changes the game." That's exactly what Preston Manning did to Canadian politics... and the Conservative movement in Canada.

I won't forget the meeting.


UPDATE: How's that for irony? "P. Manning" just won the Superbowl... LOL

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At Mon Feb 05, 06:42:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always liked Preston. He knew how to make fun of himself. He also figured out how to make the press feel embarrassed for ridiculing him. I wish he had a more prominent profile on the national stage. Canada needs his self effacing common sense right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home