Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I like this guy. Chris Landsea resigned from the IPPC two years ago because, in his opinion, their work had turned FROM being scientific in nature to political.
Dear colleagues,

After some prolonged deliberation, I have decided to withdraw from participating in the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). I am withdrawing because I have come to view the part of the IPCC to which my expertise is relevant as having become politicized. In addition, when I have raised my concerns to the IPCC leadership, their response was simply to dismiss my concerns.

(...) I personally cannot in good faith continue to contribute to a process that I view as both being motivated by pre-conceived agendas and being scientifically unsound. As the IPCC leadership has seen no wrong in Dr. Trenberth's actions and have retained him as a Lead Author for the AR4, I have decided to no longer participate in the IPCC AR4.

Sincerely, Chris Landsea
(former member of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change)
His credentials, by way of his published works.

Is the "science" conclusive? Hardly. Is it politicised? You betcha.

h/t to Splatto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home