Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Sorry, Wii've been busy

I haven't posted for a day or two because Wii've been busy...

Wow... 38 hours without sleep is NOT cool. Got up at 8am for a local CPC EDA Board meeting, spent the day doing regular stuff, (such as buying a PCIe video card, then finding out that PCI and PCIe are NOT the same thing... grrr...) then getting some crazy last minute idea of taking the last spot in line at the local store for the new Nintendo Wii... at 8:30pm the night before. 12 hours in front of the store, no sleep, then directly off to church the next morning! Finally went to bed at 11:30pm last night... almost 40 hours after getting up. Needless to say, I slept WELL last night... and used some of my banked time at work to sleep in!

Now, some may call me crazy for doing that, but I had two main motives. Personally, I could have waited until after Christmas for the Wii. BUT, my wife saw the thing on TV the other day (Tuesday or Wednesday) and REALLY, REALLY wanted it! (quote... "This thing is EXACTLY what I wanted video games to be like when I was eleven!")

AND, my main overriding reason for wanting to line up all night for it... about 10 young people, between the ages of 14 and 20, sitting there all night long, with nothing to do but play handheld video games, and TALK. Me, putting my money where my mouth is with the "Christian" in my name, spent some good time with these kids, asking and answering questions regarding matters of Eternity... Heaven, Hell, God, demons, angels, aliens, Creation, evolution, the heart of man, etc. (Hey, they started the conversation! More than happy to contribute!) Was talking to just two of the kids, then two more dragged their chairs over to join in. It was a good time, and each of them got a few thoughts to consider... and those that wanted one got a camoflage cover Gospel of John, in the NLT version.

Well worth a night of no sleep...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home