Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Belinda and Sexism

Belinda and her fellow Liberals have been playing the "Conservatives are sexist" card for a couple of weeks now. I don't like it when people play cards like this. Now it's my turn.

I recall a Conservative, at the leadership convention in 2003, making the following statement... "But between me and Paul Martin, I ask you, who do you think can bake a better economic pie?"

Yep, envoking the image of the little lady in the kitchen, baking a pie. Sounds pretty sexist to me, how about you?

Hang on a sec... you mean to tell me that statement was made by Belinda herself? Oh... now that makes things a bit more complicated. So, let me get this straight... on the one hand, she says that Conservatives are too sexist... meanwhile, when it suits her, she'll invoke such imagery when it's to her own advantage.

Guess I never will make a good politician... I'm no good at such games.

4 Comments:

  • At Sun Nov 12, 12:18:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought that Ralf Klien got it right. She doesn't have a Conservative bone in her body, well maybe one. A dog derves a bone once in a while. Ruff , Ruff.

     
  • At Sun Nov 12, 12:30:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, it is an absolute farse, as there are many Liberals running around making the same remarks they condemn against Rona Ambrose.

    All you can do is laugh about it all.

    Defend Canada

     
  • At Sun Nov 12, 01:02:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember Bobblehead saying that.

    The image that stands out the most for me is when she had to keep referring to the index cards in her hand, so that she knew what to say next, even if the next word was "the".

    She's arrogant and ignorant, a deadly combination. Who would be she and where would she be without Daddy's money?

     
  • At Sun Nov 12, 01:21:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For the current cabal of Liberals sexism is like racism, a card to be played for political advantage. It stifles serious debate and cheapens the actual cases of racism and sexism in this country. I hope there is a house cleaning soon. This type of behavior, from any party prevents any real work from being done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home