Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

"Legal Disneyland"

I am 100% AGAINST the Liberals and NDP stances on SSM, however, I just HAD to post this because it's was a great press release from the NDP...

Since Mr. Harper won't use the Not-withstanding clause, Liberal Irwin Cotler says that Mr. Harper is "living in a legal Disneyland". To that I say "Whatever", and I just brushed it off. But the NDP took the statement and turned it back on to the Liberals head... I found it at CTV and on the NDP website.

It basically says "If Harper is living in Disneyland, then so are 40+ of your own MP's"!

3 Comments:

  • At Sat. Dec. 17, 10:40:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HArper is either stupid or misleading CAnadians about the notwithstanding clause.

     
  • At Sun. Dec. 18, 01:33:00 a.m. EST, Blogger Andrew said…

    Not if it's an issue of the interpretation of the Charter. No where in the charter is SSM guaranteed, trust me, I have copy hanging on my wall. This is because it's not an issue of rights, its an issue of definition. The supreme court left it up to the House to define.

    I also wonder why your afraid to leave your name, Anonymous.

     
  • At Sun. Dec. 18, 09:07:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Who's misleading who about the Not-withstanding clause?

    Here's the funny thing, it's the PM who's being a hypocrite when he says using the Notwithstanding clause would be against the Charter... IT'S A PART OF THE STINKING CHARTER!!! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home