Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Monday, April 28, 2008

"Time's up John. You're done"

You know, Warren's not often wrong when it comes to these things. He says, "Time's up John. You're done."

Many of us in the Party are still waiting for the phone to ring, Mr. Tory. Time may not be up quite yet, but I'll say this... it's quickly running out for guys like me.

Your move.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Apr 28, 02:22:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Top Can said…

    As an Ontario Liberal, I'm actually happy to have Mr. Tory around. His complete absence from the Legislature leaves his caucus completely disorganized and unable to mount significant opposition to any of the current Liberal government's initiatives. I can only imagine every time Mr. Tory opens his mouth criticizing McGuinty for lack of leadership, McGuinty would have every right to throw those words right back at him("at least I didn't have 33% of my own party telling me I should go!")

    Mr. Tory should run for Toronto Mayor again and be in a position where he can do what he does best: do stuff, not talk.

     
  • At Mon Apr 28, 03:24:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In the article you linked, John Tory said:

    "What it will be is getting back in here so I can do the full extent of the job I am supposed to be doing."

    He essentially admits that he is unable to do his job properly by not having an elected seat.

    Moreover, as the article points out, it is likely he will not have a seat at least until October, a full year after the general election.

    Didn't he take that scenario into consideration after the leadership vote in February, in which one in three delegates voted for a leadership review?

    What enticement does he have to offer to a PC MP to step down so he can run in a "safe" riding?

     
  • At Mon Apr 28, 10:21:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Top Can said…

    Entitlements? What entitlements? He's the seat-less leader of the opposition party. The poor guy's got nothing to offer! Zero!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home