Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Talk Radio and Tory Talking Points

Seems that the Liberal Party, err, I mean the media, has uncovered another nefarious plot by the Conservative Party... to take over talk radio!

Yes, that's right... the Conservative Party of Canada has set up a section on their website where interested persons can find all the information they need to locate and call into their local talk radio station's call in shows.  And what's more, they're even providing some basic Party viewpoints for these callers!

Oh horror of horrors!  They're informing the Party faithful of our basic policy views, and making it easy for them to contact their local media!  Whatever shall we do to stop this infernal plot to take over yet another piece of Canada... the realm of talk radio!

For the record, I've called into various talk radio shows over the years, and have had my opinions and Letters to the Editors published in local and national newspapers on multiple occasions... and have never once used "the talking points".  My opinions are my own... and in my opinion, if someone has to read from talking points when they call in to a radio show, they shouldn't be calling in the first place... cause the on air host is likely gonna eat them alive if they don't know their stuff.

Anyway, the site in question just provides people with another means to get involved at their local level... why is that such a big deal?  I thought personal involvement in the democratic process by citizens was something to be ENCOURAGED... guess I was wrong.  Silly me... why on earth would we want to encourage Conservative minded folks to be more involved?

Because as we all know, Liberal = GOOD, Conservative = BAD.

4 Comments:

  • At Tue Mar 25, 09:55:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Shawn Abigail said…

    Coming from the Liberals, the masters of sticking to the script, this is hilarious.

    P.S. - in the text asking people to keep their comments PG, you misspelled "discretion". Probably part of a CPC plot to take over... well something. Sorry to let the cat out of the bag.

     
  • At Tue Mar 25, 10:03:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Ugh... that statement has been there for MONTHS, and no one bothered to say a thing... thanks Shawn.

     
  • At Tue Mar 25, 10:40:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    like i sez on another blog...they tied me to me chair and forced me to make the calls.Darn near told me what to say but me mind wuz made up afore they tied me hand to the phone, and forced me to dial up the numbers.I was in no mood to call a radio station but they made me do it, they did!
    in Canada
    without guns
    i'm making this up

     
  • At Wed Mar 26, 12:20:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger OMMAG said…

    The VRWC has been exposed !
    Good work Panetta ... you are such a professional!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home