Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Mr. Dion, I'm sorry

Okay, deep breath... I was wrong.

Several people, on this blog and privately, have commented on my recent stories regarding Mr. Dion, indicating that some of my posts have been rather "unChrist-like". Upon reflection, I agree.

Mr. Dion is indeed a fine man, I'm sure, and genuinely believes that his veiws are the best for this country. From what little I know of the man, it seems that he honestly wants to improve this country in whatever way he can. While I to a great degree oppose the sort of ideology he proposes, and while I still hope that he never becomes the Prime Minister of this land, it is not my place, nor my desire, to attack him as a person. Some of my posts in recent weeks crossed that line, and for that, I'm genuinely sorry to anyone who took offence.

My primary desire with this blog, and my primary motivation on this earth, is not to attack people, but to proclaim what true and genuine "Leadership" is... and it's not found in any man, not even the likes of Mr. Harper, whom I greatly admire.

No, "Leadership", "Integrity", and all of those things we crave in those who leader us, can be found in one Person alone, the Lord Jesus Christ. We're not going to find what we're looking for until He returns to set up His kingdom here on earth... and I should be encouraging people to look to Him for Leadership and forgiveness from their sins... not wasting my time, or harming Christ's Name, by slinging mud at my fellow man.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At Fri Oct 26, 10:19:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Drew Costen said…

    Wow, that was not something I ever expected to see you say. Good stuff.

     
  • At Fri Oct 26, 12:31:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A good start would be to undo the falsehoods and misrepresented facts on Dion - we're waiting.

    The Liberal party really should put out the real info on Dion - he's had a truly interesting journey. The fight for federalism and the one that got me - the fight to get his adopted daughter and the conditions he had to put up with in Peru - definately not a weak person and it's a shame that Harper has had to resort to nasty personal attacks and are untrue.

    Perhaps God and Christ will see to it that this is remedied and straightened out.

     
  • At Fri Oct 26, 12:33:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Anon 12:31 - how about the attacks because Dion's dog is named Kyoto - the fact is, it is Dion's daughter's dog and SHE named him Kyoto.

    So, it seems it's okay for the CPC to mock children these days.

     
  • At Fri Oct 26, 02:45:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Raphael Alexander said…

    Good on you for writing this post. Sometimes we get carried away in our support for political leaders.

    Oh, and anonymous when someone displays humbleness and remorse, it is your cue to show equanimity*. Truly you don't understand this concept.

    * - the controlling of emotional or mental agitation by an effort of will

     
  • At Fri Oct 26, 06:34:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Dirk said…

    Nice post, CC. I like your use of labels this time ;-).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home