Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Liberals shouldn't play with logos

Some Liberal posted this image, modified from our "Not a Leader" website, and Garth posted it on his blog...

Guys, don't go modifying images without thinking about it... it could give people ideas. You might make it inadvertantly easy, for example, for someone to take your image and make a comment about your "Leader", who said that if certain conditions on the Throne Speech weren't met, he'd vote down the speech... then turning around and saying you'd abstain instead. That, of course, would make him a...

(click on the image for an animated gif, it doesn't work on blogger)


Great idea guys... thanks Garth!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At Wed Oct 24, 06:57:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Frank Cybulski said…

    That is a truly terrible job in MS Paint on their part. Bravo for Liberals with poor computer skills.

     
  • At Wed Oct 24, 07:12:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Eric said…

    I always assumed that copying, editing and repasting a picture from a website was ethically wrong unless the website was designated as open source.

    So Garth Turner posted that on his website huh? Wonder if the Conservative party (I'm assuming they own that picture) can take any legal sort of action to ensure that their property is respected.

     
  • At Wed Oct 24, 09:47:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor Garth! Someone should tell him it's McGuinty that is the liar.

     
  • At Wed Oct 24, 10:51:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This isn't the first time garth has stolen or altered copywritten graphics. He altered and used one without permission from my site a while back.

    When I pointed out:

    "If you’re going to use my custom images, you really should ask first. My blog is not public domain, it is copyrighted. You are, of course, under fair use, allowed to quote it, but it would have been polite and fairminded to ask for permission before simply taking."

    His response was: 'Non issue.'

    My response was:

    "It may be a non-issue to you, but it isn’t to me. See the bottom of my site? See the little: Copyright, 2006 All Rights Reserved? That means everything on the page is my intellectual property, and only I have the right to reproduce it outside of fair use. Taking and using an image that I crafted myself, without permission, is not fair use, and you should have asked."

    He refrained from responding further. The graphic in question was a small part of my blog logo, he took it after I made a blog post related to his appearance on the Michael Coren show. He quoted the entire piece, but DID NOT provide a citation (which is equally a violation of fair use and would have him tossed from any university for plagiarism).

     
  • At Wed Oct 24, 11:02:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Eric said…

    You probably could sue him I suppose.. although is it really worth the effort? On principles it probably is important to, but in reality he can afford much better lawyers I'm sure.

    But thanks for confirming that I wasn't imagining stuff about the intellectual property rights.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home