Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dion: The "Maxwell Smart" of Canadian Politics?

LOL! This comment was left on Janke's blog in his post about Dion today...
It would be a lot easier to pursue this strategy if they didn't spend all summer threatening to take the government down and producing a list of their demands and then caving in when every last single one of them were broken by Harper.

Reminds me of the old Get Smart TV show:

Dion: You think you've got me, but I have my list of 5 demands and I will vote non confidence and cause an election if you don't follow them.

Harper: I don't believe you.

Dion: Would you believe 2 demands?

Harper: No.

Dion: Would you believe no demands, but let me call you a Bully and taunt you with my outrageous accent?

Posted by: Davide at October 24, 2007 03:44 PM
I used to love that show... I can picture the whole senario playing out in the Commons too!

Hummm... Dion on a shoe phone? LOL!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At Thu Oct 25, 09:28:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Joanne (True Blue) said…

    Ha-ha! Perfect. That brought back great memories. Thanks.

     
  • At Thu Oct 25, 09:43:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My, aren't you just so clever - duh.

    Did you thing this up all by yourself little boy?

    Putting people down is not Christian - you do realize that don't you?

     
  • At Thu Oct 25, 09:55:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes because we all know Christians are not supposed to have a sense of humour!!!

    Nor should we be able to use our discernment to figure out someone is an unprincibled A**. Nor can we mention that fact, because that would just make us plain mean, not intelligently using our reason. Boo Hoo. Guess what? The left don't like us, I'll live.

     
  • At Thu Oct 25, 10:02:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Number one, I can't take credit for it, that goes to Davide who commented on Janke's blog.

    Number two, I just thought it was funny, and that the comparison was valid.

     
  • At Thu Oct 25, 10:43:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was my post by the way, and was just meant as a joke.

    I wouldn't call it a put down so much as a comparison.

    I debated between Get Smart and Pink Panther. There are some great Pink Panther quotes...
    Davide

     
  • At Thu Oct 25, 10:59:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    tangoJuliette sez:

    Mon Cher Anon 10:49

    Gee! I thought the alleged and so-called "progressives" had, long ago, declared themselves to be the "Natural Laughing Party of Canada." Seems they've all descended to the slough of despond, and have re-baptized themselves as merely "The Natural Laughable party of Canada!"


    Where's that sterling sense of humour they've bragged about for so long? You know? Sense
    of Humour? -- Like when they`d mock Harper, or Day or Preston with Dinosaurs and the like? That comedy thing they've so often berated and chastised most "Conservatives, Christians, so-called neo-cons, facists and republicans, 'putin-lites,' anyone with a W in their name, most Americans and any dogs not name Kyoto, Honda or Tokyo," for not having any of?

    Always a pleasure to see the thieving librano bullies of the century (and their apologist) finally getting arse-kicked and seeing that they don`t really have the `nads to be on the receiving of someone finally fighting back against them.

    I`m loving this!

    tj

    t.e.&o.e.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home