Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Friday, June 22, 2007

At least someone is listening

Well, it turns out my post on the Ontario PC's new private Education idea has gotten some attention... though it was from Warren and his pals in the Ontario Liberal Party. (of course, they were using it to try and embarass Mr. Tory... hey, whatever gets the point across that this is a BAD idea)

Here's the quote they lifted from my post...
On Friday June 8, 2007- the Christian Conservative wrote:

“In an effort to throw a bone to a part of the PC base who support faith based education, he may have inadvertently thrown them a bone of contention instead... and since these parents are willing to sacrifice to send their children to these schools, you can be sure that they're going to do whatever it takes to ensure that the government doesn't get control of their schools.

This is a really bad move that may just be enough to cost him the election.”
Yep, that's what I wrote... and I stand by it.

It's a bad idea that needs to be thrown out the window. I've talked to my PC MPP candidate about it, and let him know where I stood on it. We're going to talk again about it, and I want him to assure me that he won't support it if it becomes a campaign pledge.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Jun 22, 02:00:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nobody is forcing you to join up if this plan actually happens.

    Those who are willing to comply with the requirements will join, others will not.

    Why are you apparently trying to ruin this for all those of us who may yet be willing to join on?

     
  • At Fri Jun 22, 02:27:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Because the Tories are abandoning the idea of tax credits... which is what people like me want.

     
  • At Sun Jun 24, 11:33:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Dirk said…

    Either system -- tax credits for private schools, or direct funding to private schools -- will result in further dilution of the public school system. That is something we can ill afford if we're at all interested in competing in the global economy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home