Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Oops... Liberal EDA President Arrested for Fraud

The President of the Niagara Falls Federal Liberal Riding Association, James Curran, has been arrested on fraud charges, according to CTV.

Sadly, this will result in the cancellation of their nomination meeting scheduled for tonight... since he was a candidate to stand in the next Federal election.

Humm... Liberals being accused of fraud, right before a possible election call... not cool, if you're a Liberal.

Thanks to BigCityLib for letting us know. (who, ironically enough, was the same guy who seemed to enjoy reminding us of this former CPC candidate just the other day... hey BCL, hopefully James Curran will put us over the top in the next vote!)

UPDATE: Weird... it seems that Mr. Curran had a blog, at least until last week... his last posting. I say had a blog, because for some strange reason, it's vanished... but thanks to the good old Google cache, it lives!

UPDATE II: The official new-media wing of the Liberal Party of Canada has responded to the allegations. (by the way Jason... I completely agree that he should be considered "innocent until proven guilty". However, members of your Party don't seem to believe in that same principle when it comes to our candidates or MP's... so turnabout is fair-play)

UPDATE III: James' blog is back... but all the previous posts are gone. Also, James commented here on my post, and made me realize that perhaps this post did come across as "relishing" in his situation. Far from it. If you read the comments, I made that clear, and I sent him a copy of my reply directly. The point of my post was the irony of the situation, NOT a rejoicing in his situation. Thanks for allowing me to clear that up James.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At Wed Apr 18, 03:01:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just curious.. does this mean the guy stole money?

    What lackey will they replace him with I have to wonder?
    (real conservative)

     
  • At Thu Apr 19, 10:09:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Kai_Wolf said…

    So yet another Liberal has a little "problem" with money.

    Such a surprise.

     
  • At Sun Apr 22, 08:09:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger James Curran said…

    Turn about is fair play. Yet, when you pick on a family guy that is not guilty of a crime...rather circumstance... one has to wonder.

    Just as a matter of record, I stepped down as riding president in February to seek the nomination. ....not that I owe anyone but myself an explanation... but you do claim to be a Christian.

    J.

     
  • At Sun Apr 22, 08:44:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Hey James, thanks for that update!

    If you recall from my post, I said that you, being a Liberal, were "being accused of fraud, right before a possible election call"... I tried to be very clear in NOT stating that you must therefore be guilty.

    I simply wanted to point out the rather ironic circumstances... a Liberal being accused of fraud (a la AdScam) right before what appears to be a soon coming election.

    I was also using this example as a comparison and contrast... whenever accusations are made against us Tories, it's a huge deal in the media... when it's a Liberal, not so much. I don't recall seeing your story being a front page item, as it most certainly would have been were you a member of the CPC.

    In all honesty, I was thinking for the rest of that day about the turmoil that you and your family was going through, and I really hope that I didn't appear to be relishing in your troubles... far from it! I recognize that I should have been more clear about that in my post, so in that regard, you most assuredly have my appologies.

    For your sake, I do hope this matter is a simply logistics issue, and that it is cleared up in short order. Far be it for me to wish ill upon those I disagree with!

    Quite the opposite in fact! I hope the best for you and your family, which is why I would like to see a continued Conservative government... to ensure the betterment of all Canadians, yourself most certainly included! ;-)

    All the best,
    CC

     

Post a Comment

<< Home