Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Why can't we all just get along?

It's really sad to see all the sniping going on in all the various blogrolls these days... ALL of them. Sure, I join in too, guilt as charged... but wouldn't it be nice if people could actually discuss ideas a policy, with a view of bettering the nation?

Here's an example... a Liberal blogger asked a legit question, asking why Conservatives wouldn't support an international carbon credit trading system. Here's the reply he/she got from another liberal...

"They are Nanny State Conservatives who happily use state power to benefit their friends and preferred businesses. They don't care about creating new markets or encouraging innovative new businesses, they want to benefit the companies and industries they are beholden to - mostly Alberta Oil and gas (and apparently Ontario tobacco)"

Sigh... see what I mean? In my reply to the original question, I instead let the questioner know why... we don't like wasteful programs here at home, so why would we want to spend money on a program that sends our tax dollars overseas, with no tangible results for Canadians? I just answered the question... no rhetoric, no attacks, just explaining why we view things the way we do.

Anyway, of course, I had to reply to the liberal lemming who just hates Conservatives... "Amm, sorry, you really don't have a clue as to what a Conservative is, or what we stand for. Too bad we couldn't meet on the street someday... I'm sure you'd be shocked when you realize what people like me actually stand for. (and I'm not talking "scary hidden agenda" stuff)

It's a real shame that we keep these stereotypes up. Truth be told, there are many Liberals I respect, but most, like many amongst the Liblogs and Prog. Blogs, just keep spewing the same party dogma, and are unwilling to even consider that maybe, just maybe, someone from another party might just have a good idea from time to time.

There are many in the Blogging Tories who are the same, don't get me wrong. But it would be nice if we could actually exchange ideas, rather than keep on attacking each other, as you just did.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm in this to help as many of my fellow Canadians as possible... including you."


I love to have a real, open, honest discussion about policy and viewpoints... maybe I'll even learn a thing or two! I enjoy it when posting on an issue, and I get replies from honest and open Liberals, who either clarify their views, or ask questions to better understand mine... people who have a genuine desire to understand, and reach some kind of consensus, so that we can better the lives of all Canadians... REGARDLESS of their staus, income, gender, race, location, political views.

Personally, I support the Conservative Party of Canada because I believe their policies are the ones who will benefit the broadest number of Canadians... end of story. Do I believe that ONLY Conservatives have all the answers? NOT A CHANCE! Every party has something to contribute, and I'd really like to see a more open system where all views are truly respected, and the best option for Canadians are pursued.

Sadly, until things change dramaticly, I don't forsee that happening. Personally, I see the main problem being the Liberal Party of Canada... not "Liberals" individually, but the Party structure as a whole. I don't see much room for differing opinions in our current political climate due to the existance of the "Liberal Machine"... at least not without getting shouted down, or being called a bigot, racist, homophobe, meanspirited, uncaring, hateful, warmonger, biased, narrow minded, moron, selfish, etc, etc, etc. I've been called all of these, and a whole lot worse.

Kinda sad... all I want to do is to make the lives of all Canadians, ALL Canadians, better.

Anyone have and ideas on how we can do that within our current political system? If you're a Liberal, please comment, I'd love to hear your point of view... how can I better contribute to the betterment of Canadian society?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Feb 10, 12:24:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't see much room for differing opinions in our current political climate due to the existance of the "Liberal Machine"... at least not without getting shouted down, or being called a bigot, racist, homophobe, meanspirited, uncaring, hateful, warmonger, biased, narrow minded, moron, selfish, etc, etc, etc.

    You forgot 'uncanadian'.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home