Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

All 3 "wiz-kids" have appologized

This is the letter written by the 23 year old man from Montreal:
"Dear Veterans,

On July 1, I set out to have a great Canada Day in Ottawa. As soon as I arrived, I started drinking and didn't stop till sunlight. I truly have no recollection of the incident or much of what happened that night. The next morning, I drove back to Montreal.

You can imagine my surprise the following morning when I received a phone call informing me that there was a picture of me posted on the front cover of the Ottawa Citizen, urinating on the Veterans Memorial. I was, and still am completely embarrassed. Upon reading the article I was shocked to read that people think my intentions were to disgrace this nation - OUR nation that my family has fought to raise me in.

This is why I am here today, and why I contacted the officials myself. Although my actions were without intention, they have caused anger and anguish in many people, disgust throughout the country. For this, I am sorry. As (a citizen of) one of the greatest countries in the world, I was taught we must always stand proud, and take responsibility for our actions, whether it's fighting a war, or everyday life. This is why I have come here - to take responsibility for my actions.

I would like to formally apologize to all the men and women that served and who are currently serving our country, to you I extend my utmost respect, and to all Canadians who I offended in any way with my frivolous actions on July 1, 2006.

I am truly sorry.

Stephen Fernandes"
Appology accepted. There are still charges pending, so there may be more consequences, however, I think the public anger over this has done it's job. End of story. Let it work its way through the courts, and assuming that he pleads "guilty", give some community service and a fine, and be done with it.

And sir, I hope that, for your sake, you are forgotten. May you have another 15 minutes of fame another day, with a more positive story to tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home