Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

National Campaign and Guelph

Mr. Paul Martin is trying desperately to plug the holes in the dyke... having to spend time in supposedly safe ridings means he knows he's been beaten.

Well, it's safer for him than places like Edmonton... looks like Buzz doesn't have the kind of pull that he thought he did. Sorry Annie... time to update your resume.

So then, since the national picture is looking so good, it's time to focus on the local level. Speaking of formerly safe ridings, Martin was here last week. Then I saw some report online that the Liberal here is still leading in my riding. We're considered a bell weather riding... we've been on the winning team for the last 30 years, so I'm really starting to wonder what's going on. The poll said the Liberal MP is 10% ahead, but all I keep hearing is FORMER supporters who've said they've had enough. I could believe it if they said that she was ahead by 5%, but even then, I REALLY don't want that to be true.

Man, I've said all along that it was going to be close here. But here's what I don't get about things here... we're a university town, and the Liberal snubbed the debate they were going to hold there. It's the THIRD debate she's snubbed in town thus far. Now, the other two were at high schools, but, students who don't vote still have parents who do... so bad move on her part. I can't name one thing that she's had a hand in doing in this town in the last 12 years, so why people would continue to support her, I can't imagine.

I love living in this town, but sometimes, I just don't get it.

Here's to January 23rd...

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Jan 16, 12:12:00 a.m. EST, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    Well, let's all admit that Brenda Chamberlain doesn't want to debate in public all that often because she's a thundering moron who can barely string two sentences together. Good strategic move on her part.

     
  • At Mon Jan 16, 12:13:00 a.m. EST, Blogger WE Speak said…

    Brent Barr has a superb team in place and is working hard. Personally I think that this one will be close, but Brent will squeak out a 4 to 500 hundred vote win. When you look at Chamberlain's debate snubs, the family voting controversy, general disgust with the Liberals and several other factors, Guelph is ripe for change. The people who continue to look at this election in relation to the last one are living in a different reality.

     
  • At Thu Mar 17, 11:50:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    To the anonymous Liberal who's doing some digging... here's a newsflash for ya, I don't live in Guelph anymore. ;-) But good luck with your attempted smear campaign.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home