Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Robbed in Cayman!

Unbelievable... here just two days, and I got robbed while on vacation!  The bandits only made off with $32USD, and neither my wife nor I were hurt, but still... puts a bit of a sour taste in my mouth at the start of our vacation.

So we were downtown George Town, and stopped off for a drink at Hammerhead's, a local sports bar in town.  My wife and I had eaten lunch just a while earlier, so we weren't all that hungry, so we each ordered a drink, and an order of conch fritters with jerk mayonnaise, a local treat.

Anyway, the drinks were not all that great, and the fritters were only so so, so we decided to get the bill... and that's when we got stuck up.

You may have thought by now that this is just an April Fool's post... and it sort of is I guess.  Thought we didn't get robbed at gunpoint or knife point, we DID get "robbed" at cheque point... by the folks at Hammerhead's in George Town, Grand Cayman.

If you're EVER on vacation there, DON'T GO THERE!!!  No April Fools folks... food was lousy, drinks were lousy, and things were WAY overpriced.  The tab came to $32USD... for JUNK.

That's the benefit of having my own blog... I get good Google hits, based on the things I post.  If I get bad service somewhere, I get to post about it on my blog.  Then, over time, if people search for places to eat in George Town, Grand Cayman, they may find this posting about Hammerhead's, in George Town, Grand Cayman.  (did I mention they're in downtown George Town? Some folks refer to it as Hammerheads, and Georgetown... posting that just in case people are searching on those terms)  And if they find this posting, they may choose to eat and drink somewhere else... which if you're reading this, I'd STRONGLY advise.

So, April Fools everyone!  Don't get fooled by the "robbers" at Hammerhead's in George Town, Grand Cayman!

Seriously though, having a BLAST down here.  26C, nice breeze over the last two days.  Sun, surf, going sailing today.  Beautiful place, highly recommended, and that's no April Fools joke!  Enjoy the rest of your April 1st!

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Apr 01, 12:20:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good post. I have been to Cayman and went swimming with the sting rays. Try it, it's not as scary as it sounds. It's an experience you will never forget.

    Remember that the drinks at these tourist places are watered down because they think only natives can withstand their strong liquor and visitors turn into "V" like creatures after a sip or two.
    Enjoy your holiday.
    MariaS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home