Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

"The King (of Pop)" is dead

And I guess thanks to his enduring mark on the music industry, we can use that old saying, "The King is dead. Long live the King."

Can't say I was ever a fan, but he was a part of my childhood, growing up in the 80's. But you know it's a pretty big thing when it even makes conversation in my Thursday night Prayer meeting.

I mean, come on... who amongst us doesn't remember "The Moonwalk"?

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Jun 26, 12:23:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    M.J. got his wish. He will never grow old (ok, he was 50 - sort of old). He will always be famous, stuck in the public's memory of 1982 - 83.

    About a month back I saw another TV advertisement for an Elvis Presley video/music collection. I said to my wife, "Are they EVER going to quit worshipping Elvis?"

    It's been 32 years since his death and they're still going strong. Moreover Elvis is most often remembered as he appeared in his prime. No one recalls the fat, sweaty, drunken, drug addicted slob he became.

    So it will be with Micheal Jackson. 30 years from now we will still see Micheal Jackson tributes depicting him as he appeared at the age of 21- 25.

    I liked his music & admired his performing skill. I didn't like him though. I thought he was a weirdo even BEFORE he proved it to everyone.

     
  • At Mon Jul 06, 10:42:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Disgusting. Can't believe you are celebrating a pedophile. But then again you are christian. Maybe you've been around priests too much.

     
  • At Mon Jul 06, 10:54:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    ??? Wow Anon@10:42, that one was kinda way out from left field, don't you think?

    Re-read the post... I never said I was a fan, it just kinda happened to be big news of the day. If you've ever read my blog before, you'd know I comment on various big news stories from time to time.

    And anyway, the allegations were never proven... who knows if we're ever going to get to the truth. I guess you could say I adhere to the "innocent until proven guilty" concept... or the more Biblical concept of recognizing that we're all sinners, and need Christ's salvation.

    How about you? Are you saved?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home