Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Monday, July 28, 2008

CBC's "Maria"

Janna got robbed!!!  (Hey, my wife's a professional singer... what else did you think was going to be on my TV on Monday nights for the last few weeks?)

UPDATE: Oh, by the way ALW and CBC... I likely won't be getting tickets now, though I had been strongly considering it thinking that Janna, the most popular contestant week after week, was going to win. I mean, come on... it's obvious that all the Jayme fans moved over to Elicia just to make sure Janna didn't win.

That's why democracy doesn't work sometimes... the best person doesn't always win.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Mon Jul 28, 10:02:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Roy Eappen said…

    I agree. I love the Sound of Music. I voted for Janna!

     
  • At Mon Jul 28, 10:14:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, she was the best. Maybe she seemed a bit more mature than some of the others, but she really had the 'it' factor. I could see her playing Peter Pan somewhere - she is a bit like Mary Martin - or a Stephen Sondheim musical.

    Maybe she is sick of those Sound of Music songs by now, however, which is some consolation. I suppose she will be understudy?

     
  • At Tue Jul 29, 12:58:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's a "Maria"?

     
  • At Tue Jul 29, 01:44:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elicia was a superior singer and much more visually appealing from the beginning. Janna shouldn't have made it to the top two. They were casting for The Sound of Music not The Jimmy Durante Story. Canada got one right. Maybe there's hope for a Harper majority yet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home