Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Warren on Polls

Warren has an interesting post on polling in the Alberta election, and the current US Democratic race in Texas. He points out that polls, these days, are quite unreliable, partially due to the fact that more and more people have cell phones and are never home. (I also think it's because more people are screening their phone calls)

In talking about the Alberta election, he says people have been asking him, basically, "What happened?" All the polls were saying that "Steady Eddie" was going to have a rougher ride than he actually had. So, he makes a couple comments, and then makes the most interesting point:
"Does this mean that polling firms will go back to much-more-accurate phone-based surveys? As they wipe the metaphorical egg of their faces, yet again, I suspect they want to. But, when more and more people are using cell phones - and fewer and fewer are using residential land lines - that's easier said than done.

What does it all mean? It means more election-night surprises. To get specific, here in Ottawa, I think it means Harper is ahead by more than a lot of hacks and flaks realize.

Over and out, from our seat of government. Later."
Anyone still wonder why I'm eager to get to the polls? Maybe it's because I agree with Warren on this one.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Mar 04, 10:28:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "To get specific, here in Ottawa, I think it means Harper is ahead by more than a lot of hacks and flaks realize."

    Geesh - I have been making the same comment on a few other blogs this morning. Maybe I am not so out there in my thinking.

    Maybe the MSM and the other political parties also KNOW this and that is why we see the pseudo-scandals being ratched up by the Opposition parties and the MSM.

     
  • At Tue Mar 04, 10:48:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No doubt in my mind...
    I have believed that for a long time
    Warren must be pissed at the Martin people supporting Dion to come out with this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home