Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Today's Kyoto Reading

Interesting... "Why Global Warming is Probably a Crock". (just some commentary about the immature nature of the science of climateology)

And this is pretty interesting to... "Will the sun cool us?". Nigel Weiss, Professor Emeritus at the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics at the University of Cambridge, and past President of the Royal Astronomical Society, believes that we are about to enter a phase of reduced solar activity, which would most likely see us enter a period of global cooling. (original article link here)

If these thoughts prove true, it would back up my notion that our climate patters are more cyclical than anything else... and that we should jettison Kyoto before it costs us another dime.

4 Comments:

  • At Wed Jan 17, 04:58:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some Russian scientists in 2006 thought the same thing as Nigel. They just weren't sure if it would begin next year or in several hundred years (or somewhere in between). -- John M Reynolds

     
  • At Wed Jan 17, 06:11:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm surprised that you seem so adament that we shouldn't do anything about global warming. I would think that someone as concerned as you are with morality would recognize that protecting the environment is a moral imperative..

     
  • At Wed Jan 17, 07:57:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Protection of this God given planet is indeed a high priority... but I don't believe that global warming is something that is unnatural.

    I have affirmed on many occasions that I believe that our planet goes through phases... and that if we are starting to get warmer, we should be spending the money on adaptation, not seeking to prevent something that we have no idea whether or not we can even stop.

    This does not make me "immoral", as you have suggested. It simply means that we view this particular issue differently.

    As for the rest of the environmental issues around us... well, we've screwed up with this planet, and we have a whole lot of work to do. As for me, I'm doing my bit... for the most part, I bike or walk to work, I don't let my car idle, I do my best to recycle and avoid generating waste, I turn the lights off when I don't need them, I don't litter... as much as an individual can do.

    But we need to do a lot more... that's why I support Mr. Harper's Clean Air Act. It's one of the most progressive packages ever introduced by ANY Canadian Government... I challenge you to find anything better. Does the Act fully address all the key points the proponents of Kyoto want? No, it sure doesn't... but the Environment is MUCH bigger than just Kyoto.

    The Liberals, and those who tout Kyoto, are doing us a great injustice by making this one issue the be-all and end-all of Environmental responsiblity. In my opinion, there are a lot of issues that are more pressing... allowing Kyoto to completely take over the agenda is disgusting.

     
  • At Thu Jan 18, 09:56:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    By the way robedger... YOU WERE COMMENT NUMBER 3000!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home