Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Political Donations

Okay, here's my two cents on the donations to the parties... the Conservatives KILLED the Liberals again, at a rate of about 2.5 to 1. Totals so far this year are $4.9 million for the Liberals, and over $10 MILLION for us.

Trying to find the source article, but the Liberal MP from Scarborugh/Pickering was quoted as saying "I think there's a difference in the numbers because the Conservative Party members tend to be more affluent."

Excuse me? No, it's because all the grannies, hardworking families, and individuals like me chip in $20 or $100 here and there, faithfully, and regularly. Because we don't need $1000 or $5000 dinners or cocktail parties to raise our capital. And what's with the report of 24 Liberal $5000 donors in Edmonton? Looks like Anne's been supported by the money folk of Edmonton! (note, there were only 28 $5000+ donors reported by the Libs last quarter... Anne's riding accounts for 86% of them!)

I chipped in $20 at the last EDA meeting. Likely will anoter $20-$40 before the end of the year, and, of course, will put in my $10 membership once again.

THAT'S HOW YOU BUILD A WARCHEST. With honest money from honest citizens who want their voice to be heard in Ottawa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home