Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Monday, December 01, 2008

My Letter to the Governor General

I encourage you to write a letter to her as well...

To Her Excellency
the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, C.C., C.M.M., C.O.M., C.D.
Governor General of Canada,

Greetings Your Excellency,

I am writing to You today to express my grave misgivings regarding the impending attempt by the Opposition parties to override the results of the 40th General Election, which occurred only weeks ago.

In that election, I exercised my democratic right and elected a Conservative Member of Parliament, and in so doing, expressed my opinion that The Right Honourable Stephen Harper was the best person to lead this country. Over 5,000,000 of my fellow countrymen agreed, and on October 14th, we said that Mr. Harper deserved a stronger mandate to govern.

Yesterday, I learned with disbelief that Mr. Jack Layton, along with the sovereigntist Bloc Quebecois, have in fact been plotting to overturn the results of the election for several weeks now. Moreover, I am appalled that such an action may in fact result in their desired outcome, the removal of the man who rightly earned the public's respect to hold the office of the Prime Minister.

I implore You, Your Excellency, please do not allow these undemocratic actions to be rewarded. If the Opposition parties feel that a change in the government is required, please ensure that they are required to make their case to the Canadian people, and do not allow them to wrest the reigns of power from the man whom we entrusted to hold that office.

I thank You most humbly for Your time, Your Excellency.

Your humble servant,

"CC"

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home