Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Janke's expose on Dion's Carbon Tax

Looks like Steve is letting the cat out of the bag on the Liberals with this post.  Best line of the whole thing... "The carbon tax is grit thrown by the Grits into the wheels of the economy, causing it to grind along at a slower pace."

A carbon tax will make a HUGE difference to folks like me... and I don't  drive my car to work.  In my area, HUGE numbers of people need their cars to commute to work.  Seriously... if this idea is honestly discussed, look for the remaining Liberal seats in my area to turn Tory Blue.  This carbon tax idea may play well in the big cities, where mass transit is a more reliable option... but it has no chance in SW Ontario, where people move back and forth between the major centres on a regular basis.

2 Comments:

  • At Mon May 12, 08:34:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excuse me, but how can anyone make a judgment when the whole plan isn't out yet?

    Not reasonable or responsible. It's an attempt to trash it before it is heard which is a little stupid.

    Partisanship again and again.

    I'm not going to fall for Harper's trap - I think I'd like to hear it out and make MY OWN decision on what I think about it.

    ...that's the adult thing to do.

     
  • At Mon May 12, 09:48:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not reasonable or responsible. It's an attempt to trash it before it is heard which is a little stupid.

    Not reasonable or responsible. People like you attempt to praise it before it is heard which is a little stupid.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home