Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

The weird bits of info you discover

This one will feed the Bush-haters, for sure...

So, a friend of mine and I are talking away on MSN about politics, and the whole concept of family dynaties comes up, mainly in the context of the Liberal Party of Canada. (the Martin's, the Rae's, the Ignatieff's, etc) Anyway, somehow we turned to US politics (we agree, "Go Fred Go!"), and we started talking about the Bush "Dynasty" (if you think it started with Bush Sr., you need to do some digging... try starting with Ike's staff in the 60's...)

Anyway, in looking around, I came across a "Family Tree" of the Bush family. Well, I'm a history nut, and can't help myself when it comes to obscure things like that, so I started digging. I discovered two things...

Number one, and much to my horror, I discovered that we might be a distant blood-line connection. Nothing for sure, but scary enough.

Then I dig futher back, and found this, about 25 generations back from George W. Bush...

King of England King Edward I "Longshanks" Plantagenet, England

For fans of the Mel Gibson classic, "Braveheart", you may recognize the nickname "Longshanks"... yes indeed, it's one and the same person, the evil King of England from the movie.

Go figure.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At Sun Oct 21, 10:26:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks like the clintons may be working on a dynasty as well. If hillary gets elected and gets two terms it could be 28 years of US government under either a Clinton or a Bush.

     
  • At Sun Oct 21, 03:11:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    John Kerry and Bush are distant cousins.

    Everyone is connected to someone famous.

    I'm concerned, because my family came here on the Mayflower (like Bush') and I hope to God I'm not related.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home