Are Liberals behind Layton smear? My Two Cent Theory
1) It came via SunTVNews. That in and of itself should tip people off that it's NOT from us, because it's too close to home, as it were. Think about it... with many folks accusing SunTV of being nothing more than a Tory puppet, any "scandalous" story from them will AUTOMATICALLY be assumed to be from us. Therefore, we'd give something like this to ANYONE but SunTV, to mitigate any potential fallout.
2) It came via SunTVNews... why on earth would we give a "scoop" like this to SunTV, right after they bit us over the fake Ignatieff photos? Yea... once bitten, twice shy. We'd take it somewhere else.
3) I'd love for ANYONE to show me ANY kind of electoral math where this story even POTENTIALLY helps us... cause it doesn't. There is NO WAY WHATSOEVER where the Tories are helped by this story... NONE. The "values voters" are already ours, so we don't gain there. The story smacks of a smear job, and we're suspect because it came from SunTV... we get HURT, not helped.
4) There's ONLY ONE PARTY that could in any possible way be helped by this story... and that's the Liberal Party of Canada. The story smacks of a "Hail Mary Pass" to save the furniture... NOT something the guy in the lead pulls out of his hat. One of my friends had suggested that it helps the Bloc more, but I disagree, because I don't think they have the sources and contacts on the ground in Toronto to be able to dig something like this up.
5) Further to #4, if this does cause some folks to reconsider their new found support for the NDP, where will they go? That's right... BACK to the Liberals. Again, this story helps the Liberals, NOT the Tories... hence, it's not from us.
Other thoughts? You'll note I'm not posting a link to the story itself, as I'm not in favour of pushing it whatsoever... but I AM interested in finding out the motivations of whoever passed the story on to SunTVNews.
NOTE: Due to the nature of this story, comments will be moderated... so play nice.